The Get Outdoors Project
Welcome to ODP!
The Get ODP (Get Outdoors Project) is about doing all the hardcore outdoor activities of this world with other solid believers. The ODP enjoys God’s creation while operating weekend and overnight outdoor trips such as cycling, rock climbing, trail rides, canoeing, hiking, etc. for young adults 18 and up.
We believe that by being outdoors, providing exciting activities, and taking a slight step outside of our comfort zone, we will build relationships with each other and with our God.
Directors: Joel Puryear
- ODP Village Creek Info – April 22nd-24th, 2022!
Campers: Coed – ages 18+
Details for next event:
1) Register! You can ignore the insurance information from Camp’s standard registration. Just make sure you sign the waiver and request a shirt size.
2) Cost is $55. The price gets you two nights, food, fresh ODP swag, fellowship, and canoe rentals! There is also an entry fee at the park of $5 per day, but normally we are able to get that waived with our Parks passes. Bring some cash for gas for your driver and plan on buying a meal or two on the road.
3) Schedule – Village Creek is an East Texas gem near Beaumont. The State Park was closed for damages for years after Harvey. The campsites, boat launch, and facilities are now repaired and back in action. We are camping at the Park’s group site (nice setup) on Friday and Saturday night. We will be paddling the trails of Village Creek/exploring the area – along with campsite church on Sunday, Devos/Bible study, games, and sports interspersed throughout!
4) Equipment – We are organizing canoes and will have all our standard camping equipment. If you have any cool river gear, now is the time to bust it out!
5) If you are coming from West of Camp and don’t want to drive solo, we will be consolidating and organizing rides to make travel more convenient. Let me know if you are willing to drive!
6) Timing – 6:00 p.m. on Friday to 2:00 p.m. on Sunday. I put tentative times down, but those can/will be flexible. Whenever people can show up Friday night after work to whenever we want to leave on Sunday will be the times.
Classic ODP location. Everybody try to make it out! Love to see you there!