The Get Outdoors Project
Welcome to ODP!
The Get ODP (Get Outdoors Project) is about doing all the hardcore outdoor activities of this world with other solid believers. The ODP enjoys God’s creation while operating weekend and overnight outdoor trips such as cycling, rock climbing, trail rides, canoeing, hiking, etc. for young adults 18 and up.
We believe that by being outdoors, providing exciting activities, and taking a slight step outside of our comfort zone, we will build relationships with each other and with our God.
Directors: Joel Puryear
- November 18th-20th, 2022 – ODP Lost Maples – Rare opportunity to visit the famous Lost Maples during peak color. You aren’t going to want to miss this one.
Campers: Coed – ages 18+
Details for next event:
ODP is finally headed back to Lost Maples! Get excited. We’ve done our best to hit the illusive optimal window for viewing some beautiful fall foliage in Central Texas! Expect hiking, scenic overlooks, photo ops, games, Devos/Bible study, and campsite church on Sunday!
Lost Maples State Natural Area – https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/lost-maples
1) Register on Camp’s website! We’re expecting this to be a popular trip. There will be limited space, so it is necessary to register for this one. You can ignore the insurance information from Camp’s standard registration. Just make sure you sign the waiver.
2) Cost is $55. The price gets you two nights, food, fresh ODP swag, fellowship, and hopefully a unique Texas experience! Bring some cash for gas for your driver and plan on buying a meal or two on the road.
3) If you are coming from east of Camp and don’t want to drive solo, we will be consolidating and organizing rides to make travel more convenient. Let us know if you are willing to drive!
4) We put tentative times down (Friday at 5pm to Sunday at 2pm), but those can/will be flexible. Whenever people can show up Friday night after work to whenever we want to leave on Sunday will be the times.
We’ll send out What To Bring and more details to those registered the week of the trip!
The wait for this one is nearly over. Hope to see you there!