About Sandy Creek Bible Camp
Sandy Creek Bible Camp is a full service rental and camping facility that is helping to build the kingdom of God. We primarily work with churches and ministries hosting week long summer program camps, weekend youth camps, and men’s and women’s retreats.
Click to learn more about any of the following:
The mission of Sandy Creek Bible Camp is to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to children and adults while in a relaxed rural setting. The camp will provide opportunities for Christian growth, fellowship and service for those who attend the camp.
Sandy Creek Bible Camp Doctrinal Statement
We believe in and teach:
- The Holy Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, is the only written revelation of God to humankind. It is inspired by God, without error in the original documents, and is the final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- There is one God, the Creator, Sustainer, and Sovereign Ruler of all things, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Exodus 15:11; Matthew 28:19; Acts 17:24-27)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His imminent personal return for all believers and later in power and glory to establish his millennial kingdom. (John 1:14; Philippians 2:6-10; Romans 3:24; Hebrews 6:20; I John 2:1; Revelation 19:11-16; 20:6)
- All of humankind is lost and separated from God; each person is sinful by nature and by choice, and is therefore subject to the righteous judgment of God. (Romans 3:23; 6:23)
- Salvation from God’s judgment is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and is the gift of God to all who believe in Jesus Christ and His redemptive work on the cross (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 10:9; Acts 16:31).Those who are trusting Christ alone for salvation permanently receive the Person of the Holy Spirit; are adopted into God’s family; receive forgiveness of sins; are no longer slaves to sin; and will live eternally with Him. The lost who are rejecting Christ will be condemned to an eternal and conscious judgment in the lake of fire. (Ephesians 1:7,13; Romans 8:9,14-15; 6:11-14; 6:23)
- In addition, all believers are members of the Body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The union of believers with Christ and with one another is manifested in local gatherings of believers. Those who are members of His body are encouraged by God in the Scriptures to join themselves to a local church for their own edification and for service to the Lord, other believers, and the community. (I Corinthians 12:7,12; Ephesians 4:11-13; II Peter 3:18; Acts 2:42; 4:19-20)
- God has ordained and created marriage to exist between one man and one woman, with absolute marital fidelity. The Bible sets forth specific home and family values, which include the distinct roles of husbands and wives, fathers and mothers, and children, intrinsically ordered to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child. (Genesis 1:27-28; Genesis 2:18-24; Matthew 19:4-9; Mark 10:5-9; Ephesians 5:31-33)
- Sexual acts outside marriage are prohibited as sinful. Consequently, SCBC board members, staff, employees, volunteers, campers, and rental group attendees must resist and refrain from any and all sexual acts outside marriage. (Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 18:7-23; Leviticus 20:10-21; Deuteronomy 5:18; Matthew 15:19; Matthew 5:27-28; Matthew 15:19;Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-13; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Hebrews 13:4; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 4:17-19; Colossians 3:5)
- God created mankind in His image: male (man) and female (woman), sexually different but with equal personal dignity. Consequently, SCBC board members, staff, employees, volunteers, campers, and rental group attendees must affirm their biological sex and refrain from any and all attempts to physically change, alter, or disagree with their created predominant biological sex; resist the temptations to same-sex sexual attractions and refrain from any and all same-sex sexual acts or conduct, which are intrinsically disordered. (Genesis 1:26-28; Romans 1:26-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)